|Online Auction News and Information|
So, Can You Really Sell EBooks On EBay And Make Cold Hard Cash?
Selling eBooks on eBay, and making any worthwhile profit from doing so, is becoming more and more difficult.
Gone are the days when you could sell someone else's books on eBay, and it's becoming considerably more difficult to sell ebooks that you might have written yourself or via Public Domain Publications.
Many people seem to think that ebooks should be freely available (because so many good ones are)and there are some excellent ebooks for sale on ebay but rarely do they sell for more than a few pennies.
So purchase ebooks from eBay by all means, there's just no money in trying to sell ebooks on eBay.
There's also the problem of who owns the copyright to the ebook you are trying to sell. This has become so much of a headache that eBay has come up with it's own policy to try and deal with this situation.
HERE'S AN EXCEPT FROM EBAY'S VERO POLICY.
* eBay's Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program
* eBay's VeRO Program was developed to facilitate cooperation between eBay and rights owners protecting their intellectual property rights.
* Highlights of the program include:
* Expeditious removal of listings reported to eBay by over 5,000 intellectual property rights owners
* Specific, detailed warnings designed to deter the listing of potentially infringing items before a listing is posted on eBay
* Voluntary daily monitoring and removal by eBay of listings offering potentially counterfeit or otherwise infringing items
* Voluntary daily monitoring and removal by eBay of listings that violate eBay policies designed to prevent the listing of infringing items on eBay
* Ability to save searches and have the results emailed to you through Favorite Searches
* Suspension of repeat offenders
* Continuing efforts to identify and prevent previously suspended users from reregistering for eBay
* Cooperation with rights owners seeking personal information on alleged infringers.
* However, because eBay is not an expert in your intellectual property rights, and cannot verify that sellers have the right to sell the millions of items they post on eBay each day, we need your help in identifying listings which do not appear on their face to infringe your rights.
To read the policy in it's entirety go to:-
KEEP IT SIMPLE AND STRAIGHTFORWARD
Now there is a way around this that is easier to achieve than most people believe.
The easiest way of making sure that you don't fall foul of eBay's VeRo Policy is:
* Create The Products Yourself
The easiest way of overcoming peoples beliefs that your ebook should be freely availablen is.
* Don't have your ebook look like an ebook!
So when is an ebook not an ebook?
When it is perceived by the visitors to your eBay Sales Page as something else.
For example, if you bundled together your ebook with a printed version of the book, and or an Audio CD or Video DVD, your product would have a much higher perceived value.
* You create a printed version of your ebook contained in a nicely printed folder.
* You take a digital photograph of the cover of your printed version, surrounded by the audio CD and or Video DVD and use this as your Gallery Picture when you start to create your purchase It Now, eBay auction page.
* You use the same picture or pictures throughout your eBay Auction sales page.
People are used to seeing software generated ebook covers on eBay but by using the above method your product will not be perceived as an ebook.
* In your sales page include the information that the entire package can be digitally downloaded by the customer if they wish.
Do this and you will be one of the very few sellers on eBay using this technique and take my word for it, this technique is very powerful indeed.
Now this might sound like a lot of work or seem over complicated, yet when you come to think of it, most PCs and Laptops come complete with hardware and software for creating Audio CDs and DVDs? and if you don't have this kind of equipment you can get it on eBay relatively cheaply.
SO HOW DO YOU DO IT?
With this technology it is fairly simple to create Audio CDs and Video DVDs.
* You could record or have somebody else record your ebook onto Audio CD or DVD and provide it as an audio product within your product bundle. Many people find it easier to learn by "listening" than by reading.
* If the subject matter of your book included information on how to use a particular type of software for example, you could use a video capture program such as "Camtasia" (http://www.techsmith.com) to capture the sequence of steps that would need to be gone through in order to use the software effectively.
* If your ebook covered a practical subject like gardening for instance you could use a Camcorder to take actual "videos" of the various aspects of gardening, copy them to DVD and make it part of your "bundle". Many people find it easier to learn by "seeing" than by reading or listening.
Remember that your product bundle can be downloaded by your customer (assuming you have set your product up this way) but don't be afraid to provide them with the printed version of your book along with the Audio and Video DVDs if that's what they prefer.
Your ebook presented in this way will represent a much higher value than the traditional way of selling ebooks on eBay and therefore you can ask a much higher price than you would otherwise.
If all this sounds a little daunting to you I suggest that you carry out some research into what you've read here. More information on how to create Books and Videos to sell on eBay can be found at the end of this article.
SO, CAN YOU REALLY SELL EBOOKS ON EBAY AND MAKE COLD HARD CASH?
Sure you can.
By following the methods described here, selling ebooks on eBay really can pay off Big Time and you wont have broken any of eBay's rules.
For more information on how to create Books and Videos to sell on eBay visit:- http://www.ebay-articles.com/Sell-Books-and-Videos-On-eBay.html
Ian D Major is the creator of http://www.eBay-Articles.com, the one stop resource for information, reports and articles that will help you use eBay to your best financial advantage.
eBay-Articles are freely available. To subscribe and get Articles, Reports and Bonuses delivered to your inbox weekly, just visit: http://www.ebay-articles.com
CopyRight 2005 Ian D.Major
Are You an Ebay Shopper?
As I write this article, I am keeping an eye on an item on eBay. Do I have to keep an eye on it? No. I have set up a program that swoops in in the final seconds of the bidding, leaving the previous bidder, who thought they had the item, wondering what happened.
The Secret Of The Ebay Money Machine And How To Get Your Share
If you have all the money you need, then this information wont be of much use to you!
How To Stop Ebay Buyers From Sniping Your Auction For Less Than Its True Value
There are many savvy eBay buyers who use automated bidding programs, which are referred to as sniping software. Sniping allows the eBay buyer to place an unseen bid in the last seconds of an eBay auction allowing them to win the ebay auction at a very low price if there was no reserve.
8 Top Tips For Successful Art Auction Listings
Why is it that some artists seem to make easy money on eBay while others struggle to break even? Seller A and seller B could be selling paintings of the same calibre, yet seller A turns a good profit year in year out and has Powerseller status, while seller B struggles to even make a profit at all. Often it has a lot to do with the look of their auction listings.
From Ebay Zero To Power-Selling Hero: What It Takes
Have you ever wondered what it takes to be "the best of the best"; to outcompete everyone who tries to do what you are doing--and to keep them guessing exactly what it is that makes you so much better?
Internet Auction Sites : Find Good Deals on Almost Anything
You can find good deals on almost everything you need on internet auction sites. There is almost nothing that you can't find over the internet. You can find great deals on Avon collectables, collectable toys, sports memorabilia, or anything else that you can think of on auction sites such as ebay.com and ubid.com.
5 Secrets for Increasing Auction Profits
1. Include your ebay seller name, store, and website information with all items you ship. THis can encourage re-orders and help the buyer leave feedback. I remember one particular incident, as a buyer I wnated to reorder a product from a seller but I couldn't remember their ebay seller name and so never reordered the product.
Losing Sales By Overcharging For Shipping And Handling
As a serious seller on eBay you're familiar with their fee circumventing rules. If not, visit: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-circumventing.html.
Making Money on eBay is Really Easy
If I can do it you can.
eBays Hot Selling Books, Find Out Which Books Sell & How To Find Them
Selling books on eBay can be a very lucrative business! There are eBayers who sell only books and make a nice little income doing it. Where do they get these books to sell? At thrift stores, estate sales, flea markets, book fairs, yard sales, library sales, grandmas attic, etc. You see, many of these books are just sitting on the shelves getting passed up because they aren't anything special to look at, they're not sparkly and shiny, they don't stand out on the shelf like that Tiffany & Co. crystal & sterling silver vase sitting on the housewares shelf at the Salvation Army. By the way, if you EVER find one of those grab it! -that's a no brainer.
The Ins and Outs of Dropshipping on eBay
Dropshipping is an attractive marketing technique, but when you take it to eBay it becomes a real phenomenon. There are tens of thousands of people running dropshipping business as you are reading this article. Some are making very little profit, some are bringing in decent cash and a few of them are generating huge profits. There are a few ins and outs about dropshipping on eBay that you should be aware of before starting your own dropshipping business.
Four Huge Mistakes Ebay Sellers Make (Even Some Moderately Successful Ones)
No matter how many times I see it happening, I'mconstantly amazed at the number of people who areliterally throwing money away by making incrediblysimple mistakes when they sell items in an onlineauction.
Top Internet Businesses
The internet is packed with web businesses jockeying for the attention of regular users. Selling everything under the sun and offering a substantial array of services, the internet is quickly becoming the favorite of users, surpassing traditional catalog and store shopping. In addition to phenomenal sales and dynamite deals, the internet offers access to all types of stores with just a click of the mouse. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is no wonder why the internet is such a popular shopping alternative for individuals all over the world. Especially with such popular online sites such as Overstock.com and eBay, the online marketplace is quickly filling up with top internet businesses. If you are interested in joining this elite group of successful businesses, today is the day to start! In additional to the popularity of owning a web business, the remarkable ease will make it a popular alternative to the traditional job market. Working from the comfort of your own home and setting your own schedule around your pre-existing responsibilities, owning and running a web business will certainly fit into everyone's lifestyle.
Dont Be A Victim Of Online Auction Fraud
The Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) reported that last year 7.7 million dollars was lost through online auction scams. The actual losses are much greater. Most auction scams are not reported because they involve only small amounts of money.
Drop Shipping Your Way to Increased Profits
Drop shipping, for those who are unfamiliar with it, is a system whereby you promote the products of a particular manufacturer, take orders directly, and the manufacturer/source handles all the inventory and fulfillment functions for you.
Affordable Online Car Auctions
Still hunting for the car of your dreams? Public car auctions online are becoming a happy hunting ground for car aficionados for they bring you a huge selection of affordable cars in various models at unbelievable prices.
Dropshipping on eBay, Does It Work?
eBay offers any business owner a new global market to sell his products or services on. You are no longer constrained by geographical positioning. Your small local businesses, when taken online, can become one of the biggest players in the industry. While eBay is a great potential resource, one of the best tools for maximizing your efficiency, and profit, is dropshipping and eBay is the perfect place to start.
The Down Side Of Using Dropshippers In The Ebay Auction Arena!
Ok, let me just say right up front that I am not against drop-shipping! I love the concept. If you are dealing with a particular wholesale drop-shipping distributor that is serving your Ebay ambitions well, then hold onto that company with bonds of steel, for truly good drop-shippers are hard to find!
Drop Shipping Is Your Perfect Home Based Business Solution
Drop Shipping Is Your Perfect Home Based Business Solution
Shipping Supplies For Your eBay Auction Business
Auction supplies are clearly an expense and major consideration for an eBay auction business. Of course, the most critical supply is the item you are selling, but mailing supplies are necessary for every auction and their cost and supply must be figured into your overhead. If they are not, you might get a nasty surprise when you sit down to figure out your eBay profits at the end of the week.
|© 2010 Enay.net| | site map|